Beyond cultural boundaries and regional differences, various beautiful shades of Africa were brought together under one roof, in celebration of the sixth annual All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA), held recently at the Eko Convention Centre, Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
The event hosted by Pearl Thusi and Eddie Kadi, was a night were the universal language of music was spoken fluently, during various melodious performances from across the continent.
And this, was the essence of the night, as ace, musical feats, hard work and excellence were rewarded in grand style.
The glamorous event came packaged with ‘Legendary Awards’ for two different music veterans: The Congolese Awilo Logomba and the Nigerian 2Baba, who were honoured for their massive music impact, within the boundaries of Africa and beyond.
Winning the most coveted ‘Artist of The Year’ award, was Burna Boy, who doubled as the winner of the ‘Best Male Artist in West Africa’. Star boy, Wizkid won the ‘Song of The Year’ awards and Tiwa Savage bagged the ‘Best Female Artist in West Africa’ award, while the fast rising star, Joeboy, won ‘Best Artiste in African Pop’.
The ‘Best African Rapper’ award was won by the South Africa ace rapper and lyrist, Nasty C, who also won ‘Best African Collaboration’ award, featuring Rowlene.
Among other special awards of AFRIMA 2019 includes, the Ghanaian Stonebwoy win: ‘Best Artist in African Reggae, Reggae or Dancehall’ and the Nigerian DJ Spinal, win: ‘Best African DJ’. And these all made up for some of the trilling highlights of the night.
Designed in different rewarding categories which entailed the continental and regional specs, below is the full list of winners at AFRIMA 2019:
The Continental Categories
- Artist of the Year in Africa – Burna Boy, Nigeria
- Song of the Year in Africa – Fever by Wizkid, Nigeria
- Best African Rapper/Lyricist – Nasty C, South Africa
- Songwriter of the Year in Africa – Kanvee Adams, Liberia
- Album of the Year in Africa – Afrikan Sauce by Sauti Sol, Kenya
- Best African Video – Kenny, Tanzania
- Best Video Director Of The Year – Kenny, Tanzania
- Producer of the Year in Africa – Kel P, Nigeria
- Best Artist, Duo in Group in African Jazz – Gwen & Tiana, Gabon
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Rock – Rash, Kenya
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Reggae, Ragga or Dancehall – Stonebwoy, Ghana
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Contemporary – 2face Idibia, Nigeria
- Best African Artist, Duo or Group in African Electro – Manno Beats ft. Afrotronix & Vox Sambou
- Best African Duo, Group or Band – Sauti Sol, Kenya
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Hip Hop – Nadia Nakai, South Africa
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African R&B & Soul – Hillzy, Zimbabwe
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Traditional – Abrham Belanyeh, Ethiopia
- Best Female Artist, Duo or Group in African Inspirational Music – Kanvee Adams, Liberia
- Best Male Artist, Duo or Group in African Inspirational Music – Onesimus, Malawi
- Best African DJ – DJ SPINALL, Nigeria
- Best African Collaboration – Nasty C ft. Rowlene
- Revelation of the African Continent – Nikita Kering, Kenya
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Pop – Joeboy, Nigeria
- African Fans’ Favourite – Mohamed Ramadan, Egypt
- Best African Act in the Diaspora – Manno Beats, ft. Afrotronix & Vox Sambou, Chad
- Best African Dance or Choreography – Aminux, Morocco
- Most Promising Artiste in Africa – Bráulio Alexandre, Angola
The Regional Categories
- Best Female Artist in Western Africa – Tiwa Savage, Nigeria
- Best Male Artiste in Western Africa – Burna Boy, Nigeria
- Best Female Artiste Southern Africa – Nadia Nakai, South Africa
- Best Male Artist in Southern Africa – Sjava, South Africa
- Best Female Artist in Eastern Africa – Nikita Kering, Kenya
- Best Male Artiste in Eastern Africa – Khaligraph Jones, Kenya
- Best Female Artist in Northern Africa – Nada Azhari, Morocco
- Best Male Artiste in Northern Africa – Amiinux, Morocco
- Best Female Artist in Central Africa – Shan’L, Gabon
- Best Male Artiste in Central Africa – Salatiel, Cameroon
From Afrobeats 360, we say a huge Congratulations to all the stars of the night, at the sixth annual AFRIMA 2019.
Long Live African Music!!!